All You Need to Know about 5kW Solar Panels
Are you aware that you can cut down on your bills and make your home more energy efficient by installing a 5kW solar panel system? These 5kW solar panel systems are ideal for larger homes housing 4 or more.
5kW solar panel have experienced a decrease in price over the recent years as the competition between solar panel installers has increased both on the UK market and worldwide. This is the result of several factors, including government incentive schemes and the growing number of solar panel manufacturers.
While there are many different sizes of solar panels today, the 5kW solar panel system is one of the most common investment for larger households and businesses in the UK. The system's ideal price/power output ratio has propelled 5kW solar panels into becoming one of the most popular solar panel system.
As a result, the 5kW solar panel market has expanded in offers and presently contains an impressive variety of products. Consumers nowadays have a wide range of panels to choose from, depending on their individual needs.
This way, it's an ideal time now to invest in 5kW solar panel systems. You can get up to 4 free, non-binding quotes by filling in the form above. By comparing quotes and partners, you'll be able to choose the perfect solution for your home.
How Much Does a 5kW Solar Panel System Cost?
As solar panel systems increase in their size and power output, they also become more expensive. There a vast range of price and quality of solar panel systems.
A 5kW solar system in the UK market varies in price from £15,000 to £20,000. The price of a 5kW solar power system installation varies as well, depending on the chosen installer. This should cost approximately £5,000. The availability of more solar panel installation companies in the UK gives reassurance that there are options for choosing the best 5kW solar system price/quality for installation.
Advantages of a 5kW Solar Panel System
Solar panel systems, in general, contain many advantages compared to other sources of energy. Outlined below are several key reasons that make these units more beneficial in buying:
- 5kW solar system costs can be paid back within as little as 4 years.
- There is no maintenance or ongoing cost. The cleaning and maintenance of 5kW solar panels can be even automated through the installation of automated cleaners.
- The solar panels are guaranteed to last at least 25 years with an estimated lifespan of 40 years.
- A 5kW solar panel system would add more value to the home it is installed on.
- A 5kW system is enough to make a household independent from the grid, supplying sufficient energy for this to occur.
For more information on solar panels, visit our solar panel guide, where you can read about a variety of different panels and you will have the chance to compare them.
Power Output and Size of a 5kW Solar Panel System
The power produced makes the 5kW unit a sufficient system to meet the needs of a large household in the UK. The system will generate approximately 20 kWh per day and will produce around 4,500 kWh of electricity per year. If at any point you produce more electricity than needed, the 5kW solar panel system is qualified for the Feed-in Tariff (FiT).
The UK government has announced that the Feed in Tariff will end on 31 March 2019. You can still apply and quality for the FIT scheme if you act fast enough.
Application Deadline for Solar PV Feed in Tariff:
Read our guide on how you can still benefit from the solar PV feed in Tariff before it ends in March 2019.
The 5kW solar system is made up of 20 solar panels, assuming that the used panels have 250W. The size of each panel will be approximately 1.6 m x 1 m, so at least 32 m² of roof space is needed to suit the space needs of this system.
Factors Affecting the Power Output
While you can get a rough estimate of the power output of a 5kW solar panel system, you should keep in mind that there are several factors that will inevitably affect the power output. For example:
- The geographic location of the solar panel: this affects the daily solar irradiation and defines the potential output of the system.
- The solar panel must be placed where the most sunlight is in contact with the system. Otherwise, shade can lessen substantially the power output.
- Orientation and tilt angle of the 5kW solar panel array is also important. In the end, it's all about how intense the sun can hit the panels!
- The performance and features of the individual components may also be significant, as not all brands provide the same energy efficiency.
- Keep also an eye on the solar panel, so that it does not get obstructed by foliage, snow or anything else that can interfere with the sunlight exposure.
Find the Best 5kW Solar Panel
Finding the best 5kW solar panel system for your household can be tricky. As stated above, there are a number of differences between 5kW solar panels that are right now on the market.
GreenMatch has got you covered with a compiled list of the best suppliers in the industry. Simply fill in the form at the top of the page and you will get up to 4 quotes. It’s easy, free and implies no further obligation.