Daikin Heat Pumps
Daikin Air-to-water Heat Pumps
The most innovative Daikin technology is embedded in Altherma heat pumps:
- Have low maintenance requirements.
- Have low maintenance costs also thanks to the inverter technology.
- Release just a little amount of CO2.
- Have a low installation cost for Daikin air source heat pumps.
- Have been rewarded with the EU Ecolabel (high efficiency and low environmental impact).
- Can be coupled with solar collectors.
How Do Daikin Altherma Heat Pumps Work?
Daikin Altherma heat pumps source air either from the air or the ground and transforms it into usable heat. The heat produced through the refrigeration cycle (either refrigerant or brine circulate through the system) is then transferred to heat the rooms and water.
Daikin Innovative Offers
Daikin has introduced the Daikin Hybrid as an energy efficient solution to replace the old and worn out boilers. This is a mixed system in which the outdoor heat pump unit is linked to a gas boiler so that the temperature of the incoming water is raised. In this way the energy consumed and the costs are decreased.
Another possibility is represented by ground source heat since the ground temperature is usually constant with respect to that of the air so that it can be used to feed the system. The advantages are reduced costs and carbon footprint while efficiency is boosted.
There are different models of Altherma:
Daikin Altherma Low Temperature
It is convenient in the case of new applications or renovations. Over time there has been an attempt to reduce the costs for the user by reducing the units of energy used as an input. The installation has been simplified since the new heat pump unit is floor-standing and it also includes the domestic hot water tank. The new user interface makes commissioning, monitoring and daily operations even easier thanks to its structure.
The system works even at the coldest temperatures and it is designed to protect against frost and avoid ice accumulation. Monitoring is performed through a system that warns the user in case of mistakes or problems, displays the operations status, a room temperature control. All the relevant information will be displayed on the user display in a clear way so that it is easy to keep track on how the system operates.
Daikin Altherma High Temperature
It usually replaces oil boilers with no need to substitute the radiators in use since the desired temperature is reached by using heat pumps only. The radiators work independently and they can be controlled through central heating. This system can be coupled with solar energy to heat the water and the hot water not immediately used can be stored in a tank for a day.
The inverter makes the system work automatically at the desired temperature regardless of the external conditions and this allows you to make savings with respect to traditional heat pumps.
How it works, in a nutshell:
- The outdoor unit extracts heat from the air and it passes through the refrigerant in the inner part.
- The heat passes through the indoor unit and the temperature is raised.
- The heat is transferred from the refrigerant to the water that flows in the device and the water reaches 80 degrees without any extra heating source thanks to the cascade compressor technology.
How to Control the System?
Weather-Dependent Floating Set Point
This function provides the water temperature to adjust according to the outdoor climate. The lower the external air temperature, the higher the temperature of the water flowing out of the system to ensure that the required heat is produced, while the opposite happens when the external temperature is high and energy is saved.
It allows to set the desired temperature or implement specific settings. It is also possible to install a wireless room thermostat that monitors the temperature in the room and communicates it to the user interface.
Daikin Altherma Hybrid Heat Pump
It is the newborn alternative that links the power of a gas condenser boiler to that of a technologically advanced heat pump.
In terms of benefits to the user, Daikin Altherma heat pumps:
- Provide more efficient space heating.
- Give a good return on investment since the money spent are paid back within 3-7 years.
- Have the same dimension as gas boilers.
- Do not require any work before the installation.
- Do not require additional investment.
Daikin Brine to Water Heat Pumps
Heat into the ground is a potential source of energy for heating. Daikin brine to water heat pumps use brine (either water or an anti-freeze mixture) as a heat transfer medium. The brine then goes through the heat pump and is transferred to a low evaporation point refrigerant, that is then compressed in order to heat the building and water.
What Are the Distinguishing Features of Daikin Altherma Ground Source Heat Pumps?
- They are a stable heating source even at low temperatures.
- No outdoor unit is needed.
- It is easy to install and no refrigerant connections are needed.
- There is no defrost cycle so that the indoor temperature is boosted.
- They guarantee lower costs.
- Faster return on investment due to the efficiency of the technology used.
It is hard to give an exact price estimation for Daikin heat pumps since the final result is affected by many variables such as the size of the house, the overall consumption that is connected to the desired warmth level. These are important variables and estimating them is the first step toward a realistic and reliable price forecast.
What you can do is fill out the form that is provided and specify the type of Daikin heat pumps you would like to buy, how big is your property in square meters and what kind of heating you are currently using. You will receive up to four offers you can compare.