Why Are Biomass Boilers a Good Choice for Your Company?
Biomass boilers allow businesses to make huge savings on energy bills while supporting them in their mission to become environmentally responsible providers and improve their reputation as low carbon companies. Wood pellet and wood chip boilers are fast becoming the choice for energy efficiency savings.
If you are interested in this technology and would like to receive free quotes on commercial biomass boilers, you are on the right page! Simply fill in the contact form and tell us about your needs and we will do our best to connect you with our qualified suppliers. They will provide you with up to four free, non-binding quotes on the products of your choice.
Installation of Commercial Biomass Boilers
Most buildings are suitable for the installation of larger, commercial boilers. Unlike other heating systems, your location or the weather will not influence the output of the system. The most important requirement for commercial biomass boilers is the space for fuel storage, the water tanks and the boiler itself, which is larger than the regular space needed for smaller, domestic boilers.
The process of installation of your commercial or industrial biomass boiler will depend on the system size and some aspects of your current heating system. In some cases, installation can involve integrating the boiler with your current heating system instead of completely replacing your current system.
The trickiest aspect of the installation process includes organising the fuel supply and the storage. One thing to keep in mind is that depending on the system size, planning permission might be required. Additionally, the burning waste is strictly governed by the Waste Incineration Directive and the Environment Agency, so make sure you have all obligatory permissions before you install a boiler that is on the Exempt Appliances List.
The installation of a commercial biomass boiler enables you to apply for the financial support provided by the UK government, the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI). Through this scheme, you can receive payment from the government for the heat you generate. These annual payments should generally cover the cost of the system installation in 5-8 years.
In order to receive the RHI payment, you will need to calculate the heat you produce in terms of kWh of thermal energy and the obtained number will be used to calculate your RHI tariff payment. Considering the huge boost provided by the RHI scheme, industrial or commercial sized biomass boilers can take as little as 5 years to pay back. The larger the system is, the more likely it will pay off more quickly.
Read More: Biomass boilers grants
Advantages of Commercial Biomass Boilers
- Commercial biomass boilers are easy to maintain and their systems are fully automated.
- Biomass boilers are an eco-friendly solution. As pressure on businesses to introduce environmentally friendly practices is growing, you can take the first step towards wood-fuelled heating.
- Biomass fuel can be purchased in large bulks. Several tonnes of wood pellets or wood chips can be purchased at any time and delivered to your storage place.
- Commercial biomass boilers are eligible for financial support provided by the UK government through RHI scheme.
Disadvantages of Commercial Biomass Boilers
- Installing a commercial biomass boiler is a big investment. However, this could be balanced in the long run with savings in energy cost and financial incentives offered by the UK’s government.
- Industrial boilers are huge and require large space to house them. Additionally, large storage space is required in order to store large quantities of fuel.
Commercial biomass boilers will usually have an automatic hopper-fed fuel system. The hopper can be either built-in, in the case of smaller systems or detached separate unit. Boilers with the pellet system have the simplest controls and are often similar to fossil fuelled boilers in terms of maintenance and working process.
Before making your final purchase, do a research on different suppliers and costs of installation in order to make sure that you get the highest value for your money. For the specific numbers and exact costs of the commercial boilers, you can take advantage of our free online service and request up to four quotes by filling in the form on the top of this page.